Establishing a Reputation
The Association and Members
Our Mission and Members
Working closely with AgriFutures
The industry The Australian truffle industry is a growing industry that is establishing a reputation as world class in its production, processing and supply of high quality truffles, to both a discerning domestic and international market. Truffle growing has now been established in Tasmania, Western Australia, South Australia, Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland and New South Wales.
The association The mission of the Australian Truffle Growers Association is to promote the growth and development of the truffle industry in Australia by:
- Having informed growers and sellers
- Creating awareness of the industry
- Researching best practice in all aspects of the industry
- Sharing information.
Our membership As a membership organisation, the Truffle Growers Association is providing a platform for consumer information, education and industry communication. We have two classes of members:
- Ordinary Member – An ordinary member is either;
- A bona fide Truffle Grower, having (owning or leasing) more than 100 planted trees, and/or
- A truffle seller/exporter
- Associate Member – An associate member is someone who intends to establish a truffle farm but who has not yet planted truffle innoculated trees, or a person who has a genuine interest in the future growth of the truffle industry in Australia.
Our website Our website is currently being revamped so that general information on truffle growing in Australia is available to the public, and so there is also a significant support and information service in a “members only” section (currently being created). It is important to us that members are provided with a forum to exchange ideas and can keep themselves informed regarding the planting, management, harvesting and marketing of truffles.
Our affiliation with AgriFutures (formerly RIRDC) We work closely with AgriFutures. Here are three of the latest publications relating to truffles that may be of interest to anyone growing truffles, or considering growing truffles:
- Focus on Truffles Research and Development
- Priorities and Strategies for R, D and E for the Truffle Industry 2014 - 2019
- Identifying the Cause of Rot in Black Truffles and Management Control Options (part one)
- Identifying the Cause of Rot in Black Truffles and Management Control Options (part two)